Custom Component Manufacture
If the components you need are not available off-the-shelf, Pacer can manufacture them for you. We build on our broad component knowledge to solve your design challenges, offering full customisation of optoelectronic components and displays to meet individual requirements.
Examples of custom projects we have worked on include:
- Fluid/liquid level sensing assemblies – optical, flow and pressure based
- Proximity sensing
- Intelligent environmental sensing – ambient temperature, CO2, presence
- Colour sensors
- Custom optical slotted and reflective switches
- Die attach – 1µm placement accuracy
- Wire bonding – 17.5 – 500µm diameter
- 4 axis epoxy deposition – 8µm repeatability
- Plasma cleaner and self-generating nitrogen storage for yield and reliability improvement
- Wire termination, calibration and testing for integration readiness
- Photodiode / APD stack build and customization capability, Asian partner for high volumes
Design for manufacturing (DFM) is the practice of designing products such that they are easier and more economical to manufacture. Design for manufacturing can minimise problems further down the line and hugely reduce production engineering costs.